It is but common knowledge that the site where the Underground Concrete Water Tank is expected to be installed has to be inspected and prepared. This is the most crucial task in the whole process of tank installation and requires a great set of finely polished skills and the right set of equipment. Bega Concrete Tanks has both and is delighted to share with you, the crucial steps involved in the whole underground concrete tank installation process.
Steps involved in site preparation for Underground Domestic/Commercial Concrete Water Tanks in Melbourne
There are a number of things one has to consider when preparing the site for tank installation.
1. Firstly, it must be ensured that the soil is levelled and free from rocks, twigs, trees and other factors that may affect the whole process.
2. The hole needed in which the tank is supposed to be lowered must be dug in accordance with the tank’s measurements on each side. This is to prevent any damage to the tank as it is being lowered into the ground.
3. The depth of the hole largely depends on individual requirements and orders. Some may want the tank to be very far down the finished surface while others may want it just right below. It also depends on the make and model of the concrete tank and its size.
4. It is important the hole does not provide a clearance of anything less than 300mm to give the outside of the tank a safe breathing distance in the hole. If the walls of the hole are likely to collapse or fall in, the clearance is increased.
5. The base of the hole should be prepared in accordance with the depth of the hole and the weight of the concrete tank. The blue metal and the sand spread levels must be carefully measured and set since they are to become the base of where the tank will rest. Any faulty measurements here would mean risking the lifespan of the tank itself.
Bega Tanks is an expert domestic and Concrete Water Tank Supplier and Manufacturer in Melbourne. To order your very own customized concrete water tanks, give us a call today on 1800 241 246 or drop us an email for enquiries